Sr. Applications Developer Advisor
The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), with offices in Arlington, VA and Lincoln, NE is the trade association for over 900 consumer-owned electric cooperatives serving more than 42 million people. NRECA is committed to harnessing the strength of Americas electric cooperatives into a single powerful voice. NRECA has won the following awards over the past few years:
- Best Place to Work Award Recipient - Lincoln, NE
- Gold Well Workplace - Wellness Councils of America
- State of NE Governor's Wellness Award - Grower Level
- Top Workplace by the Washington Post
- 100 Best Places to Work in IT - ComputerWorld Magazine
- 50 Best Places to Work - The Washingtonian
- CARE Award Recipient - Recognizing organizations that promote a positive work-life balance
- 50 Greatest places to Work - AARP
At NRECA, we work with people who are leaders in their fields, they are down-to-earth, hardworking professionals committed to helping our members serve their communities. Our work is interesting and constantly evolving and requiring new skills to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic industry. In this collegial, inclusive work environment, united around the compelling purpose and history of electric cooperatives, we thrive. And topping it off, NRECA cares about each persons overall well-being, encouraging health, financial security, and a sustainable work/life balance.
- Support project managers and other IT business managers, by serving as the technical point-person to implement objectives and to help review and clarify functionality and performance of software requirements
- Stay involved in the full product development lifecycle of software applications
- Own problems/tasks/projects and works them through to completion.
- Improve work function processes by working within the team structure.
- Responsible for the proper security and disposal of any confidential information they may possess in the course of performing this positions duties in accordance with NRECAs Personnel & Administrative Policy and HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies & Procedure Manuals.
Reports to: Director, IT Lincoln Support
Purpose and Mission
The purpose of this job is to provide technical leadership over the software's full life-cycle development including requirements analysis & documentation, design, development, testing and implementation of applications that support business goals. Help support the applications once they are in production; and simultaneously perform technical work on mid-scale projects.
NRECA Mission: To promote, support and protect the community and business interests of electric cooperatives.
NRECA Vision: Be the trusted resource of our membership...Champion the cooperative cause...Inspire the future
NRECA Values: We embrace the cooperative principles and values and operate with integrity, transparency and a spirit of innovation.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or Associates Degree in a computer related field plus a minimum of 7 years of progressive relevant IT experience and applications systems development, preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive application systems development experience utilizing a full SDLC.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with IBM Cobol, JCL, CICS, VSAM, TSO/ISPF or a minimum of 5 years of experience with OmniPlus, AdminWeb, OWS, BAVP/IVR, OmniPay, OmniLink and Omni Scripting.
- Experience with Control M, Relational Databases, File-Aid, Abend-Aid, Xpediter, Xerox VIPP/VIPO technologies and JIRA desired.
- Experience with Agile development desired.
- Experience in Insurance, Healthcare, and/or Financial industries desired.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer screen and extensive reading.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- The job is light duty work and is sedentary and doesnt require the use of arm and/or leg exertion greater than that for sedentary work.