The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), with offices in Arlington, VA and Lincoln, NE is the trade association for over 900 consumer-owned electric cooperatives serving more than 42 million people. NRECA is committed to harnessing the strength of Americas electric cooperatives into a single powerful voice. NRECA has won the following awards over the past few years:
- Top Workplace by the Washington Post
- 100 Best Places to Work - ComputerWorld Magazine
- 50 Best Places to Work - The Washingtonian
- CARE Award Recipient - Recognizing organizations that promote a positive work-life balance
- 50 Greatest places to Work - AARP
- Best Place to Work Award Recipient - Lincoln, NE
- Gold Well Workplace - Wellness Councils of America
- State of NE Governor's Wellness Award - Grower Level
At NRECA, we work with people who are leaders in their fields. They are down-to-earth, hardworking professionals committed to helping our members serve their communities. Our work is interesting, constantly evolving, and requires new skills to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic industry. In this collegial, inclusive work environment, united around the compelling purpose and history of electric cooperatives, we thrive. And topping it off, NRECA cares about each persons overall well-being, encouraging health, financial security, and a sustainable work/life balance. EEO/AA- M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status/Genetic Data
The marketing manager develops and implements integrated marketing strategies for NRECA conferences, courses, events and other educational programs. Also develops and executes marketing strategies for select association initiatives and fee-for-service programs. Responsible for creating integrated marketing campaigns rooted in strong and impactful messaging, including high-quality print pieces, as well as vibrant digital and social media campaigns. Understands audience segmentation and leverages appropriate channels to drive results among all target groups. Monitors metrics and analyzes effectiveness of approaches.
Purpose and Mission
1. As a strategic partner with the educational program manager, this individual is the marketing lead for a number of key projects developing, implementing and evaluating a strategic marketing plan and budget for each educational program and event. Responsibilities include developing messaging platform for each event and producing creative and effective marketing materials including Web content (copy, video, audio), direct mail, brochures, email flyers and promotions that are on budget, on time and attain attendance and revenue targets. Selects and works with internal and external designers and other professionals as needed.
2. Formulates and executes campaigns that position select NRECA programs, products and services as being the integral resources co-ops need to be successful. Develops and implements marketing plans for each audience segment and ensures plans are tied into the overall marketing strategy for NRECA. Responsible for creating original content for collateral materials, online promotions, videos, case studies, feature stories/articles, fact sheets, podcasts, promotional literature and advertisements to promote these programs.
3. Coordinates development of social marketing campaigns using digital tools (social networks, videos, podcasts, wikis, virtual events, etc.). Works with creative team to shoot/record and edit short videos and audio for uploading to web. In tune with the latest social media developments, online behaviors and trends. Responsible for preparing reports and analysis on ROI of campaigns. (15%)
4. Develops and monitors metrics to track effectiveness of marketing efforts (web performance, e-mail, direct mail response, participation rates) in meeting revenue goals.
5. Teams with other marketing managers as needed to help implement and coordinate other departmental programs.
6. Responsible for working with program managers in the creation and management of marketing budgets for NRECA programs, products and services targeting designated audiences.
7. Supports director of marketing and member communications as needed in the development of overall NRECA marketing strategy.
8. Helps to ensure that the NRECA brand is appropriately reflected throughout all communications.
Requirements and Qualifications
Bachelors degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and additional experience.
A minumum of six years marketing or advertising experience; experience managing integrated campaigns essential.
Experience in event marketing, direct marketing, social media and e-mail marketing.
Superb written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated success creating materials that engage and persuade.
Creative thinker - ability to generate ideas in an energetic environment.
Proven ability to collaborate across departments to implement processes and achieve results. Track record of building and maintaining productive relationships with multiple stakeholders.
Ability to prioritize, work quickly and manage multiple projects, timelines and deadlines.
Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
Talent for establishing and measuring marketing metrics, and skilled in list management and marketing segmentation.
Familiarity with database management and marketing ROI analysis.
Proficiency with Microsoft® Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Office Working knowledge of website content management systems, and Adobe® applications preferred.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect managements assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.