Web Developer, Touchstone Energy
The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), with offices in Arlington, VA and Lincoln, NE is the trade association for over 900 consumer-owned electric cooperatives serving more than 42 million people. NRECA is committed to harnessing the strength of Americas electric cooperatives into a single powerful voice. NRECA has won the following awards over the past few years:
- Top Workplace by the Washington Post
- 100 Best Places to Work - ComputerWorld Magazine
- 50 Best Places to Work - The Washingtonian
- CARE Award Recipient - Recognizing organizations that promote a positive work-life balance
- 50 Greatest places to Work - AARP
- Best Place to Work Award Recipient - Lincoln, NE
- Gold Well Workplace - Wellness Councils of America
- State of NE Governor's Wellness Award - Grower Level
At NRECA, we work with people who are leaders in their fields. They are down-to-earth, hardworking professionals committed to helping our members serve their communities. Our work is interesting, constantly evolving, and requires new skills to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic industry. In this collegial, inclusive work environment, united around the compelling purpose and history of electric cooperatives, we thrive. And topping it off, NRECA cares about each persons overall well-being, encouraging health, financial security, and a sustainable work/life balance. EEO/AA- M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status/Genetic Data
Web Developer, Touchstone Energy-T2
Support daily operations of Touchstone Energys Co-op Web Builder program. Provide technical, functional and administrative support. Work with Co-op Web Builder team members and contractors to ensure web sites are operational and meet goals and objectives. Provide user education and support for Touchstone Energy cooperatives.
Purpose and Mission
Assist co-op members by answering inquiries, filling member requests, and troubleshooting problems.
Offer input and feedback to cooperative members on content, mulitmedia applications, structure, design and Touchstone Energy brand standards.
Train members to use the Co-op Web Builder tool. Serve as technical support help desk for users and gather information from co-ops to support development of enhancements.
Troubleshoot problems and take responsibility for ensuring work is completed accurately and within deadlines. Frequently review and monitor websites for accuracy.
Come up with innovative solutions to everyday web design issues either through code or with the Co-op Web Builder tool itself.
Familiarity with Drupals blocks, page manager, panels and views modules are a plus.
Requirements and Qualifications
2-3 years in web technical support
2-3 Years experience working on web design using content management systems (Wordpress and Drupal).
2-3 years experience with Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS and Java Script
Experienced in web technical support with excellent communication and problem-solving skills required.
Familiarity with Drupal module development.
Experience with front-end design.
Understanding of social media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube) and applications for web use preferred.
1. Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with a diverse membership, employees and/or vendors in a clear and precise manner as demonstrated by prior work experience.
2. Ability to use Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point) in the day-to-day essential duties of the job as demonstrated by prior work experience.
3. Ability to operate various office equipment such as personal computer, copier, printer, fax machine, 10-key adding machine, and multiple line telephone as demonstrated by prior work experience.
ADA Requirements: - The following statements are the minimum required for all positions at NRECA. If your position requires more stringent requirements edit as needed. Contact Compensation should different requirements be needed.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect managements assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.